Celebrate


Let me celebrate parts of you so secret,
even you have not seen –

All these I celebrate

The nape of your neck, soft and white
beneath the aromatic tendrils of your hair;

The hollow where your shoulder blades
curve into my caress, delicate, like a bird;

The incandescent camber of your back,
ribbed and smooth, arched in surrender.

All these I celebrate

Your eyelids, the coverlet through which
the world filters into your dreams;

The spiral sculpture of your ear,
knotted inside itself like a shell;

The song of your mouth, entwined
in unison with my own song.

All these I celebrate

And those that I have left unspoken,
left unsaid, I celebrate in silence, instead.


10 comments:

  1. Beautifully sensual! I'm sure this will definitely be a romantic poem written to woo any woman as it has wonderful imagery and diction!! :D

    Also, the way how this poem is written is like Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself."

    I hope you don't mind me linking to you on my own poetry website/blog soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So romantic and calming. This is love poetry at its very finest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could read this again and again...bravo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:55:00 PM

    i admire your writing, eloquence at it's prime - gaspablue -

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe I would love to hear this, do you do audio clips?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually, though MiPoRadio has audio of me performing "Sonnets B4 the Blaze". I may do more in the future, if it feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Short link - http://bit.ly/s4celebrate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my site, I'm grateful you've taken the time to read. If you liked this selection, you can download a sampler of (or buy!) my books at the following links...

- Sonata Vampirica
- Sonnets from the Labrador
- How More Beautiful You Are
- Tango Desolado
- War and Ablution

...And, if you can, please leave a rating at Amazon.com. It's easy, and it does help a lot.

...Thank you!